Souper S. is our model cook, and she will give you one recipe of her own every week. Healthy, easy and delicious; try this at home!
Sticky Cranberry Sausages
This recipe is quick and easy and ideal for the winter season with its strong wintery flavours of cranberry and clementine. It's made in no time at all and perfect for passing round a party in a large sharing bowl. It is a real crowd pleaser with minimum effort which is what you want when you have something to celebrate. Just don’t forget the cocktail sticks and napkins as it can get a little messy!
Ingredients (for approx. 36 pies)|
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 400g/14oz uncooked cocktail sausages
- 1 heaped tbsp. cranberry jelly
- 200g/7oz fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 clementine, zest only
- 2 red onions sliced
1. Fry the sliced red onions in a pan with the oil for five minutes or so until softened. Add the sausages to the pan.
2. As the sausages start to cook and turn brown, add the cranberry jelly and cranberries.
3. Cook on a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until caramelised and sticky.
4. Grate over the clementine zest and serve in a large sharing bowl.
Approx. per sausage: 62 kcalories, protein 3g, carbohydrate 3g, fat 4g, saturated fat 2g, fibre 0g, sugar 1g & salt 0.55g.
Posted by: Souper S.