Souper S. is our model cook, and she will give you one recipe of her own every week. Healthy, easy and delicious; try this at home!
Lemon & Thyme Mushrooms with Runner Beans
This simple and delicious side dish is a great little number; you can serve it as a traditional vegetable side with meat and potatoes, or use as a light pasta sauce. You can even eat it by itself on top of toast for a comforting lunch. The flavours are simple yet effective and instantly upgrade humble mushrooms into dinner party fodder! The great thing about this recipe is that you can substitute any other vegetables if you don’t have runner beans - exchange for peas, asparagus or broccoli, really any other green vegetable with a bit of bite will do. Enjoy!
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 1 lb fresh runner beans (or alike), trimmed and cut into 1 inch long pieces (roughly)
- ½ lb of mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic diced finely
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme or ½ tsp of dried thyme
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp pepper
1. Warm a pan with oil & butter and sauté the onions and garlic. Then add in the beans and mushrooms and sauté until soft, stir continuously so nothing burns.
2. Then add in the herbs, seasoning & lemon.
3. Serve as a side with a main course or on thick toast as a lunchtime meal.
64K Calories, fat 4g, carbohydrate 5g, fibre 2g and protein 3g.
Posted by: Souper S.