Souper S. is our model cook, and she will give you one recipe of her own every week. Healthy, easy and delicious; try this at home!
Japanese Chicken with Orange & Soy Sauce Marinade
Taste the Orient with this beautiful dish adapted from a restaurant favourite. With simple Asian ingredients, very little effort and not too much time you can create this wonderfully fragrant, low fat, high protein meal. It is both fresh and light and perfect for a family meal or for entertaining guests. Plus it doesn’t require any complicated techniques or processes, just chopping and steaming!
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
For the marinade/vinagrette
- 1tbsp of fresh coriander
- 4 chicken fillets (skinless & boneless)
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1tsp grated ginger
- 1 spring onion, chopped
1. Combine all the ingredients (except the chicken and sesame seeds) in a large bowl.
2. Once they are all mixed add the chicken and turn to coat, then cover this and refrigerate (for between 20mins-2hours).
3. Remove the chicken from the bowl and reserve the vinaigrette.
4. You can bake, fry or steam your chicken. However it works really well if you steam it and put some of the vinaigrette in the steaming basket for added flavor.
5. Cook the chicken all the way through until the juices run clear and then let rest for 5 mins.
6. Once the chicken has rested serve it on a plate with rice & carrot salad.
7. Heat up the rest of the vinaigrette, pour over the chicken then sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
Nutritional Information (without rice & salad sides)
76K Calories, fat 1.62g, carbohydrate 3.47g and protein 11.29g.
Posted by: Souper S.