Souper S. is our model cook, and she will give you one recipe of her own every week. Healthy, easy and delicious; try this at home!
Scrambled Eggs, Avocado & Salmon on Toast
To lose weight in a healthy fashion it is a good idea to have a filling and nutrional breakfast to boost your metabolism and then tail off to a medium sized lunch and small dinner as you aren’t going to burn a lot of calories in your sleep. A really hearty and healthy breakfast eggs, avocado and salmon on toast provides you with protein, carbohydrates and vitamins to kick start your day. Plus it is absolutely delicious!
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp. crème fraîche (optional)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large or 8 small slices sourdough, whole wheat, or pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz. thinly sliced smoked salmon
1. Whisk 2 Tbsp. chives (hold back 1 Tbsp for garnish), crème fraîche (if using), and eggs in a large bowl.
2. Melt the butter in a large heavy nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
3. Add the egg mixture and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook for about 3-4mins until barely set, occasionally scraping bottom of the pan to form large, soft curds.
5. Place 2 slices toast on each plate.
6. Mash the avocado with a fork in a bowl and season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
7. Spread the avocado over each slice of toast then spoon the eggs over this, and place the salmon on top.
8. Garnish with the rest of the chives, and season to taste with pepper.
For 4 servings: 357 kcalories, cholesterol 358 mg, fat 22.9 g.
Posted by: Souper S.